Timeline – Rārangi wā
The project will be completed in stages to ensure parts of the lakefront are always accessible throughout construction and to ensure the commercial operators at the Lakefront are not negatively impacted by this work. Council is also working closely with lakefront commercial operators to schedule a programme of activations to ensure the area remains an enjoyable place to visit even during construction.
• Upgrade of main lakefront walkway, boardwalk and terracing.
• New playground, upgrade of existing playground to cater for all ages and new toilet block.
• Upgrade of streetscape along Tūtānekai St including parking, a widened footpath and verandah walkway.
• Grass terracing, cycle and walk way.
• New Memorial Plaza carpark.
• Main open space area and terracing around new commercial development.
• Upgrade of area west of the lakefront.