Ngā Whenua Kahupapa Hai Tiaki i ngā Rotomoana

Rotorua Lakes Council (RLC) is now looking for approval from landowners to install pipes required to connect properties to the new treatment plant. RLC held three hui-ā-hapū with Māori land owners and trustees in October 2020 to begin engagement.

These hui were be facilitated by Arapeta Tahana and were intended to provide Māori land owners and trustees with an overview of the scheme, the infrastructure required on some Māori land to connect local properties, and, the process RLC will undertake with Māori land owners/ trustees to seek approval to install this infrastructure.  Over the next 6-12 months RLC will engage directly with each Māori land block to discuss specific details and seek approvals.

To find out if you’re an owner in any of the land blocks take a look at the list below. Each link will take you directly to the Māori Land Online website which lists the names of owners in each block.

Maori Land blocks


If you weren’t able to attend the hui-ā-hapū you can view the minutes and presentations here:



For all background information relating to this scheme visit: East Rotoiti & Rotomā sewerage scheme or for specific enquiries contact Patricia Waugh on